Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Happy Adventure Near Kitchens Somewhere

I arose early.

"Thanks!" I said to Providence because I was alive.

In the kitchen one of the home's inhabitants handed me a cup of freshly brewed coffee.

"Thanks!" I said again, because that was just what I needed.

I turned on my computer and began to type. I discovered I had been sent a bonus by the company I worked for.

"Thanks!" I wrote back, because they surely didn't have to do that and it was a very nice thing to do.

I heard a knock on the door. The postman handed me a package.

"Thanks!" I told him as I closed the door.

I opened the package. It was a basket of cheese and gift meats. I read the tag, called the sender, and said, "Thanks!"

After an enjoyable day alternating between light work and pleasant rest, I turned in for the  evening and pondered all the wonders of sunlight and its eventual return at dawn.

As I drifted into a realm of seeing visions of sugarplums, I softly said the word again to the One that is always listening.

And to you, my reader, I will say it once more:

Thanks. :)

Now, write on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment